Best Practices & Applications - Post & Beam Construction - Roof Sheathing Installation
Wooden post & beam construction
(Example: 910mm x 1820mm)
Norbord OSB roof panels are
manufactured with a screened
surface on one side, offering better
traction for installers.
Roof Sheathing Installation*
- Install Norbord OSB panels with long sides running perpendicular to rafters or top chord members
- Leave a gap of approximately 3mm between panel edges to allow for expansion due to rain or increased humidity
- Blocking can be eliminated when using OSB panels featuring a tongue & groove (T&G) joint, resulting in faster installation
- Recommended OSB grade class: 3
- For detailed inquiries about OSB structural strength properties and other technical points please contact our sales and marketing staff at Interex Japan.